Wednesday 1 October 2014

Teen pregnancies in America

The map I have chosen for this task is one that depicts the teen pregnancies in each state. I chose this because the rate of teen pregnancies can be an indicator to many other social and economical factors. For Example higher rates can show increased poverty and lower levels of education. I find it interesting that the traditionally conservative states that have shown themselves to vote republican almost consistently since the late 60's are the ones with higher teen pregnancies. This is surprising to me because conservative voters are often portrayed as wealthy people who should be able to afford better education for their offspring and yet they have some of the highest teen pregnancies in the USA.


This next gif is not to do with my assignment but I found it extremely interesting when i first came across it and I would like to share it.
This is a gif of the USA's westward expansion through time. Source: www.washingtonpost.com


No comments:

Post a Comment